Apple had released iOS 12.1.1 almost about a week ago. The biggest question, how is it and is it much better than before? It brought with big new update which added several new features and bug fixes to the iPhone and iPad. It might be not much of changes but most importantly to see is Group FaceTime improvement and Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max. We have noticed that battery life and Wi-Fi are stable and fast than it used to be before. There are no issues on bluetooth, GPS and cellular data.
When iOS 12 was first coming out last September which in the same month Apple released all-new iPhone XS, XS Max and later iPhone XR, Group FaceTime wasn’t ready till iOS 12.1 then Dual SIM with eSIM arrived in iOS 12.1.1. There were some small issues with cellular data when going into office, building or transportation. However cellular looks much better with iOS 12.1.1. The battery life seemly getting better.
Let’s taking a look at the rest of the changes from iOS 12.1.1 in the below.
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
- Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
- Stability improvements for dictation and VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
- Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
- Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
The iOS 12.1.1 update also brings some changes to Apple’s HomePod speaker:
- Support for HomePod in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
You can watch the YouTube video in below to explain what’s new in iOS 12.1.1. Here’s the video in below. In order to get this update, you can go into Settings, click General then click for Software Update. It will take you about approximately five minutes or less if you leave Wi-Fi on. Most exciting is Group FaceTime which is 100% must. Enjoy the video.