Cord cutting is getting quietly complicated with price than past. Streaming services have become common and popular in America. One survey from March 2018 showed that nearly 60% percent of Americans are streaming. Since Netflix and Hulu made price changes, let’s take at look at them in the below.
Lets discussing about what Netflix offers customers. It offers three plans: basic, standard and premium.
- Basic ($8.99 per month) – This package allows customers to watch only one screen at time. It provides unlimited movies and TV shows on your iPhone, tablet, laptop or TV.
- Standard ($12.99 per month) – This choice allows customers to watch on two screens at once which is most popular pick since its HD video and probably about 75% customers still have standard HDTV right now.
- Premium ($15.99 per month) – This is probably best pick for customers who want to watch on four screens at once and of course it will give you ultra HD video (4K resolution) plus some HDR videos offered.
Which one is right for you? If you are asking what’s our choice to pick. We would say it depends. If you got HDTV with 4K and HDR at home, you probably should go for premium plan. For even if you have family, this plan looks right. Standard plan would be excellent choice if you only prefer simple HD and just two screens that ought to be good enough.
Now what’s new with Hulu’s new price changes and what they offer?
- Basic ($5.99 per month starting Feb. 26) – this plan is Hulu’s most popular package that provides access to full seasons of exclusive series, current episodes, classic favorites, Hulu Originals, hit movies, kids show and ton more on one screen at time with advertisements.
- Advertisement free ($11.99 per month) – If you are tired of advertisement and want it to be free so you can enjoy watching it, it’s probably good choice.
- Hulu + Live TV ($44.99 per month starting Feb. 26) – This is the best plan as ever for customers who want more than 60 live and on demand tv channels including ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, Fox Sports 1, A&E, USA Network, CNN and TLC. It actually allows customers to record up to 50 hours of live TV! Customers also can access to the content available on the lower tiers on two screens at a time.
- Hulu + Live TV advertisement free ($50.00 per month starting Feb. 26) – This is one of the most expensive package under Hulu that offers all of the content listed in the lower tiers and its advertisements free on the video demand content.
Hulu announced this price changes recently on Jan. 23 that lowered the cost of the base plan by $2 however raising the price of the live-television options by $5 for packages with advertisements and $7 for packages without advertisements. Awhile Hulu offers Hulu + Live TV, entertainment can be add-ons opinions for additional cost: HBO, Cinemax, SHOWTIME and STARZ.
Which one is right for you? It depends on what you like, If you must have live channels with seasons and episodes, it would be good choice to go for it. However if you only do care for movies, tv shows and on demand videos, we recommend Hulu basic plan plus Netflix which is excellent choice if you don’t need live channels. What’s your thought about this and is it possible that both companies goal to provide more movies and shows for better price?
Target, Taco Bell, Speedway convenience stores Hy-Vee supermarkets in the Midwest and Jack in the Box will be the latest and top 100 merchants in the United States accepting Apple Pay in the coming weeks.
“Whether customers are buying everyday household items, groceries, snacks for a road trip or grabbing a quick meal, Apple Pay is the easiest way to pay in stores, while also being secure and faster than using a credit or debit card at the register,” said Jennifer Bailey, Apple’s vice president of Internet Services. “We’re thrilled even more customers will be able to pay at their favorite stores and restaurants using the Apple devices that are always with them.”
Source: Apple Newsroom
We received confirmation from one source informing us that New Smart Case made by Apple will also work on iPhone X. Normally it’s supposed to be for only iPhone XS and XS Max. We do see another report from AppleInsider actually did test it and it works well. It seems that it does fit, the lenses and of course the charging ability. Check out the video with closed caption.
Source: The Verge
Starbucks planning to team up with Uber Eats to bring drinks to your home or office Looks like you won’t have to leave from your place to get your favorite drink from Starbucks. This is the first report coming from Fortune saying that The American office chain made announcement about the expansion of its Starbucks Delivers program partnership with Uber Eats. San Francisco will be the first able to order Starbucks items for delivery through the Uber Eats app. After that, the program will then be expanded to Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C. in the coming weeks. Great news for London going to be first international city to get this program later this month. What’s your thought and let us know if you try it sometimes soon!
Great deals on 4K HDR for $9.99 via iTunes. Grab awhile you can. Apple updated its iTunes Store with new discounts on movies and other content since Tuesday. There’s a lot of popular and classic movies like The Meg and The Fifth Element.
It is easy way to make an arrangement by using the home screen to organize the important apps if you have an iPhone or an iPad. It is the hidden feature that some of us never knew this till now. Awhile watching this video, it will tell you how to move multiple apps at one time. You also can move multiple apps from home screen to another screen or put them into a folder. That’s why we called it an easy way to move them at once. Check it out at anytime!
Apple is releasing iOS 12.1.3 today, adding a number of bug fixes and performance improvements to the both iPhone and iPad. Keep in mind, iOS 12.1.3 is only minor update and doesn’t add great changes or new features. However it helps with some important issues with iMessage, Photos, iPad Pro and CarPlay.
You can be able to download iOS 12.1.3 via over-the air update on your iPhone and iPad anytime. If you already did turn on automatic update, it will be taken care of own for you. Some customers had concerns about restart and Siri issues on HomePod so now it’s fixed. Here’s what Apple’s release notes said about this update:
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
– Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
– Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
– Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
Check out on this new concept of the iPhone XI coming later this fall 2019. There are some rumors saying that it could feature triple-lens camera, USB-C, and some others. This concept was produced by Hasan Kaymak Innovations. Awhile watching the video, it has a same notch, large camera and it looks like similar design from iPad Pro. It might be hard for us to believe if it will look like this for Fall 2019. We would rather to wait, see and gather more accurate information till Spring 2019. This concept looks pretty neat and well innovate however it’s not closer enough for us to be convinced. Let’s see what happens later in few months for more confirmation. Stay tuned!
Apple launched Smart Battery Cases designed for the iPhone XS, XS Max and iPhone XR. It’s designed to give extra battery life for its new iPhones 2018. Priced at $129, it comes in either black or white and it’s same material as Apple’s silicone cases. You might notice extra bump on the back which contains battery pack inside. There’s a lightning connector built into the case connects to the lightning port which is easy for customers to charge it. Each of the Smart Battery Cases features two 1,369mAh battery cells inside run at a higher voltage offering 10.1Wh of energy. It might be worth for iPhone XS customers to have extra battery however iPhone XS Max has plenty of power that might not need one. Let’s take look at the review video with closed caption via YouTube and you can share your opinion about it.